What Are Veneers?
Veneers are ceramic shells that cover teeth to improve the appearance of teeth. worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment, spacing, cracks or chips.
It is often used in cosmetic dentistry to create a brighter smile as it recreates the natural look of teeth. Veneers are custom made and bonded to existing teeth. They can be used on individual or multiple teeth.
Veneers are important tools in cosmetic dentistry. They are less intrusive than crowns or braces.
Veneers are used in cases where teeth are discoloured, worn down, chipped or broken, misaligned, irregular or uneven, or have gaps between the teeth.
What You Can Expect
- They provide a natural tooth appearance
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
- Veneers are stain resistant
- The colour of the veneer can make dark teeth appear whiter
- Veneers do not require the extensive shaping that crowns do
- Your dentist@health will be able to explain any downside of veneers to you
Veneers are looked after in exactly the same way as your regular teeth.